Mall.Direct Privacy Notice
Last Updated: JULY 15, 2021
At Mall.Direct, we take your privacy seriously. This Privacy Notice describes how we use the information we collect or that you provide to us through the Mall.Direct Site and other electronic communications.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information You Provide Directly to Us
You provide information to us when you interact with the Mall.Direct Site, including when you join our mailing list, create an account,check out as a guest, place an order on Mall.Direct, contact us (via email, telephone, or otherwise), respond to a survey or questionnaire, or enter a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion sponsored by us. The information you provide to us may include:
In this Privacy Notice:
- Your contact and shipping information, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Your payment information (for example, credit card, banking and/or payment details, banking and your billing address)
- The shipping information (such as names, shipping addresses, and telephone numbers) for anyone to whom you want us to ship your purchases.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Without cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of the Mall.Direct Site.
The Mall.Direct Site may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies, and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may allow you to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe's instructions (instruction vary depending on your operating system and version of Flash).
Web server logs and Web Beacons
Web server logs may collect information about your device, operating system, browser, domain, and other system settings, such as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located; the address of the Web page that referred you to the Mall.Direct Site; the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet; and other information about your interaction with the Mall.Direct Site, such as which pages you visit. To control which Web servers collect information by automated means, we may place small electronic tags called Web beacons on our Web pages and in our emails, which are files that link Web pages to particular Web servers and their cookies. Again, without web server logs and web beacons, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Mall.Direct Site.
Mobile Applications, Device Identifiers and SDKs.
When you install a mobile app that we provide, we may use or work with partners and service providers who use mobile “SDKs” or similar code, in order to collect information such as device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), IP addresses, Internet connection information, as well as details about your device (such as device type), mobile browser or operating system, or about how you interact with our apps or services. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. The SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services to be implemented. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how our customers use our applications and make purchase, or to deliver or measure certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. These SDKs (or other, similar mobile applications and code) may collect mobile identifiers or geolocation information, which may be precise, GPS-level information. If you would like to opt out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please go to the “Settings” on your mobile device for directions on how to do so.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information you provide directly to us and information we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
- Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications;
- Create, administer, and communicate with you about your account or guest checkout access;
- Make your experience on the Mall.Direct Site better;
- Send you information about Mall.Direct’s products and services or those of our retail and marketing partners;
- Display relevant advertising to you on the Mall.Direct Site and across the Internet;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business, products and services (including to analyze, customize and develop new products and services; perform market research, data analytics, and data enhancement; measure the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; administer the Mall.Direct Site; and perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities);
- Verify your identity and protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities;
The ad services we use to collect information from you may track your online activities over time and across websites. If we use a third party to collect this information, they may use this information to show you advertisements for Mall.Direct or others that are tailored to your individual interests or characteristics and/or based on prior visits to our Site. We and third-party vendors may use these cookies together, and may combine them with other data we collect from you, (1) to inform, optimize, and serve ads (including ads based on past visits to the Mall.Direct Site) and (2) to report on our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services (including how they are related to visits to the Mall.Direct Site).
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a voluntary program among Internet advertisers that is intended to give users the ability to opt out of behavioral targeting and advertising. At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” settings.
How We Share Your Information
Mall.Direct uses PayPal as our merchant provider and we never store or share your credit card or debit card payment information. We share the information we collect or you provide with our Mall.Direct customer care,
technical support, marketing, order processing and fulfillment departments. We may
share the information with our dedicated hosting provider, security and
anti-fraud service, or other operational support services required to ensure the best online shopping experience. We share your product order and shipping information you provide with our U.S. shipping service providers and will either use FedEx, UPS, or USPS to ship your order.
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose your personal information: if we are required to do so by law, regulation, court order or legal process; when we believe disclosure would be appropriate in response to governmental or regulatory requests; when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss; in connection with an investigation of unlawful activity, and for fraud detection and prevention.
We may transfer personal information we have about you to a buyer or other successor in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), or take steps in anticipation of such a transaction.
Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Mall.Direct Site. For example, third-party providers of certain embedded content and tools on the Mall.Direct Site (such as social network plug-ins) may collect personal information directly from you in connection with your interaction with such content and tools. Such providers’ use of the information is subject to their own privacy policies, which we recommend you review. We are not responsible for such providers’ privacy practices, and those practices are not covered by this Privacy Notice.
Mall.Direct offers Safe Checkout via PayPal. Mall.Direct is secure and carries an Extended SSL Certificate verified and issued through Starfield Technologies Inc. We are Certified Secure by TrustedSite, Verified Business of TrustedSite and use TrustedSite's Data Protection Plan. McAfee SECURE certification is now TrustedSite Certification. We take many steps to protect your personal information, but we can’t promise that our security program will eliminate all security risks. When you provide information to us, you do so at your own risk.
But we do ask you to please help protect your information. There are a number of things you can do, such as:
- Using a unique password for the Mall.Direct Site that never has or will be used anywhere else - please think up a new one that you never used before, and please only use that password with us;
2. Protecting the confidentiality of your login information- don’t give your username or password to anyone, anywhere, anytime;
3. Accessing the Mall.Direct Site only from devices that have an up-to-date operating system and up-to-date security software (this makes the Mall.Direct Site work better anyway); and
4. Notifying us of any suspected unauthorized activity by emailing us at our contact us page.
Taking these steps will not guarantee security but may help lower the risk or impact of certain security threats. For further information about protecting your security, visit http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/computer-security.
Links to Other Websites and Online Services
The Mall.Direct Site may provide links to other third party websites and online services, such as merchants or manufacturers of products sold on the Mall.Direct Site or third party service providers that help the Mall.Direct Site operate. Linked websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content or use of any third-party websites or services or their privacy or security practices.
Your Rights & Choices
If you would like to update or modify your personal information, you may contact us as described in the How To Contact Us section below or, where applicable on certain Mall.Direct Site, you may make these choices directly by logging into your account. You may unsubscribe from any of our promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email you receive from us.
Certain privacy laws around the world, including the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), provide users with rights related to their personal information. Consistent with those laws, Mall.Direct gives you the choice of accessing, editing, or removing certain information, as well as choices about how we contact you. You may change or correct your Mall.Direct account information through your account settings. You may also remove certain optional information that you no longer wish to be publicly visible through the Services, such as your name. You can also request to permanently close your account and delete your personal information. Depending on your location, you may also benefit from a number of rights with respect to your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply in limited cases.
- Right to Access & Portability: You can
access certain personal information associated with your account by
visiting your account settings.
- Right to Correction: You have the right to request that we help correct inaccurate information about you. By visiting your account settings, you can correct and change certain personal information associated with your account.
- Right to Restrict Processing: In certain cases where we process your information, you may also have the right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your personal information.
- Right to Deletion: In certain circumstances, you
have the right to request the deletion of your personal information,
except information we are required to retain by law, regulation, or to
protect the safety, security, and integrity of Mall.Direct.
- Right to Object: If we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can object using the unsubscribe link in such communications or changing your account email settings.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: Where we rely on consent, you can choose to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information using specific features provided to enable you to withdraw consent, like an email unsubscribe link or your account privacy preferences. If you have consented to share your precise device location details but would no longer like to continue sharing that information with us, you can revoke your consent to the sharing of that information through the settings on your mobile device. This is without prejudice to your right to generally permanently close your account and delete your personal information.
The CCPA provides California residents with the following additional rights:
- Right to Know: California residents may request disclosure of the specific pieces and/or categories of personal information that the business has collected about them, the categories of sources for that personal information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, the categories of personal information that we have disclosed, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared.
- Right to Opt-Out: To the extent that Mall.Direct “sells” personal information(as that term is defined under the CCPA, California residents are entitled to opt-out of the “sale” of data at any time (see below for more information).
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your personal information, you can do so via your Mall.Direct account settings. Alternatively, you can exercise any of the rights above by contacting us by submitting a message through our contact form available in our Contact Center. Once you contact us to exercise any of your rights, we will confirm receipt of your request.
Limiting use of, or deleting, your personal information may impact
features and uses that rely on that information. However, we will not
discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights, including
otherwise denying you goods or services, providing you with a different
level or quality of services, or charging you different prices or rates
Please note that we may verify your identity before we are able to process any of the requests described in this Section, and in our discretion, deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity. As a part of this process, government or other identification may be required. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification, and we may verify the authenticity of the request directly with you.
Email & Messages
You may also control the receipt of certain types of communications from Mall.Direct in your account settings. Mall.Direct may send you messages about the Services or your activity. Some of these messages are required, service-related messages for members (such as transactional messages or legal notices). Other messages are not required, such as newsletters. You can control which optional messages you choose to receive by changing your account settings, and you can learn more in the “Messages from Mall.Direct” Section of this policy. If you no longer wish to use the Services or receive service-related messages (except for legally required notices), then you may contact us to close your account.Additional Disclosures for California Residents
Notice of Collection
In addition to the Rights & Choices described above, the CCPA requires disclosure of the categories of personal information collected over the past 12 months. While this information is provided in greater detail in the “Information Collected or Received Section above, the categories of personal information that we have collected – as described by the CCPA – are:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, shop name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Other individual records such as phone number, billing address, or credit or debit card information. This category includes personal information protected under pre-existing California law (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), and overlaps with other categories listed here.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender, or, where you have provided such information to Mall.Direct voluntarily, demographic information about your race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity, provided in relation to specific marketing and advocacy projects and campaigns.This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Services and what led you to our Services.
- Sensory visual data, such as pictures posted on our Service.
- Geolocation data provided through location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
The Purposes for Our Collection
We collect and use these categories of personal information for our business and commercial purposes described in the “Information Uses, Sharing and Disclosure” Section above, including providing and improving the Services, maintaining the safety and security of the Services, processing purchase and sale transactions, and for advertising and marketing services.
Third Party Marketing and Advertising and Your Rights (Opt-Out of “Sale”)
Mall.Direct does not sell personal information to third parties for monetary
value. However, the term “sale” is defined broadly under the California
Consumer Privacy Act. To the extent that “sale” under the CCPA is
interpreted to include interest based advertising or other data uses
described in the “Information Uses, Sharing and Disclosure” Section
above, we will comply with applicable law as to those activities.
To opt-out of receiving interest based advertising, you can exercise your choice by using your account privacy settings, or the general privacy settings link located at the footer of our homepage and most pages of the Site. The right to opt-out of interest based advertising is available to all Mall.Direct users.
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Shine the Light
California law entitles residents to ask for a notice describing what
categories of personal information we share with third parties for
their own direct marketing purposes. Other than to Sellers on Mall.Direct (see
“Buying and Selling” under the “Information Uses, Sharing and
Disclosure” Section above), who must obtain your separate consent for
their own marketing off of Mall.Direct, or unless you request us to or consent
to it, Mall.Direct does not share any personal information to third parties for
their own direct marketing purposes. If you have questions about these
practices, you can contact us through one of the channels listed in the
“Contact” Section below.
If you have a disability and would like to access this policy in an
alternative format, please contact us using one of the channels listed
in the “Contact” section below.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice periodically to reflect changes in our practices or relevant laws as we grow. (We’re still a pretty new company, after all!) To notify you of any changes that we make, we will post the updated version on https://Mall.Direct and indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was last updated. We encourage you to check back regularly and review any updates.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you, please contact us or mail us at: Mall.Direct, Inc., Attention: Privacy, 401 East Jackson Street (SunTrust Tower) Suite 2340 Tampa, FL 33602