Mall.Direct Privacy Notice
Last Updated: JULY 4, 2022
Mall.Direct is an eCommerce software platform and hosting provider where you can shop, compare and purchase goods directly from Sellers throughout the Continental United States. At Mall.Direct, we take your privacy seriously. This Privacy Notice describes how we use the information we collect or that you provide to us through the Mall.Direct Site and other electronic communications.
About Our Sellers
Sellers on Mall.Direct's eCommerce platform use our eCommerce software services to host their store, sell their products and services and run their businesses. If you have visited or made a purchase from a Seller's store in the Mall.Direct Marketplace, we collect, store and facilitate information about you on behalf of that particular Seller. We only facilitate this information at the direction of our Sellers—who are responsible for choosing how and why to use your information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It:
Information You Provide Directly to Us
You provide information to us when you interact with the Mall.Direct Site, including when you join our mailing list, create an account, check out as a guest, place an order from a Seller on Mall.Direct, contact us (via email, telephone, or otherwise), respond to a survey or questionnaire, or enter a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion sponsored by us. The information you provide to us may include:
Information We Collect for Sellers:
- What we collect: Information you provide about yourself like your name, order, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and payment information.
- How we use this information: To provide Sellers with our services, and enable them to operate their business—e.g., to allow them to complete a transaction, screen orders for fraud and risk, fulfill orders, and contact you with new products or offers.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Without cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of the Mall.Direct Site.
The Mall.Direct Site may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies, and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may allow you to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe's instructions (instruction vary depending on your operating system and version of Flash).
Web server logs and Web Beacons
Web server logs may collect information about your device, operating system, browser, domain, and other system settings, such as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located; the address of the Web page that referred you to the Mall.Direct Site; the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet; and other information about your interaction with the Mall.Direct Site, such as which pages you visit. To control which Web servers collect information by automated means, we may place small electronic tags called Web beacons on our Web pages and in our emails, which are files that link Web pages to particular Web servers and their cookies. Again, without web server logs and web beacons, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Mall.Direct Site.
Mobile Applications, Device Identifiers and SDKs.
When you install a mobile app that we provide, we may use or work with partners and service providers who use mobile “SDKs” or similar code, in order to collect information such as device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), IP addresses, Internet connection information, as well as details about your device (such as device type), mobile browser or operating system, or about how you interact with our apps or services. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. The SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services to be implemented. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how our customers use our applications and make purchase, or to deliver or measure certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your mobile device. These SDKs (or other, similar mobile applications and code) may collect mobile identifiers or geolocation information, which may be precise, GPS-level information. If you would like to opt out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please go to the “Settings” on your mobile device for directions on how to do so.
How We Use Your Information
When you visiting our Mall.Direct Marketplace site it's virtually similar to like when you are walking through your local shopping mall. When you are on any page within mall.direct, we may use the information you provide directly to us and information we collect about you for various purposes, including to:
- Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications;
- Create, administer, and communicate with you about your account or guest checkout access;
- Make your experience on the Mall.Direct Site better;
- Send you information about Mall.Direct’s products and services or those of our retail and marketing partners;
- Display relevant advertising to you on the Mall.Direct Site and across the Internet;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business, products and services (including to analyze, customize and develop new products and services; perform market research, data analytics, and data enhancement; measure the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; administer the Mall.Direct Site; and perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities);
- Verify your identity and protect against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities;
Your rights over your information
When you visit or make a purchase from a Seller's store facilitated by Mall.Direct's eCommerce Platform, the Seller you're visiting or buying from legally controls your information. As a result, Mall.Direct doesn’t, for example, decide how long your information is retained because that decision is made by the Seller. This means Mall.Direct can't help you access, correct, erase, or port your information without being directed to by the Seller. To make a request about your personal information, contact the specific Seller (Store Owner) directly. If you make a request to us, we will forward your request to the relevant merchant and help them fulfill your request. If the Seller no longer exists, however, we may be able to assist you directly. We also do not and will not “sell” your customers’ information, as that term is used in California law and other states.
If you created a customer account and would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your personal information, you can do so via your Customer dashboard account settings. Alternatively, you can exercise any of the rights above by contacting the Seller.
Additional Disclosures for California Residents
Notice of Collection
In addition to the Rights & Choices described above, the CCPA requires disclosure of the categories of personal information collected over the past 12 months. While this information is provided in greater detail in the “Information Collected or Received Section above, the categories of personal information that we have collected – as described by the CCPA – are:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, shop name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Other individual records such as phone number, billing address, or credit or debit card information. This category includes personal information protected under pre-existing California law (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), and overlaps with other categories listed here.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender, or, where you have provided such information to Mall.Direct voluntarily, demographic information about your race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity, provided in relation to specific marketing and advocacy projects and campaigns.This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Services and what led you to our Services.
- Sensory visual data, such as pictures posted on our Service.
- Geolocation data provided through location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice periodically to reflect changes in our practices or relevant laws as we grow. (We’re still a pretty new company, after all!) To notify you of any changes that we make, we will post the updated version on https://Mall.Direct and indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was last updated. We encourage you to check back regularly and review any updates.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you, please contact us or mail us at: Mall.Direct, Inc., Attention: Privacy, 401 East Jackson Street (SunTrust Tower) Suite 2340 Tampa, FL 33602